Why you should switch to Plant-based skincare
by Debdutta Mitra on Apr 14, 2023
Whenever you buy a skincare product, you worry whether it will cause any damage to the skin. With the confusion on choosing the right product, new skincare trends have been rising day by day.
Plants have always been essential for the skin since ancient times as a natural source to revive and heal your skin unlike synthetic ingredients such as animal by-products or artificial petroleum derivatives which are prevalent in most beauty & skincare products today.
So, we at Leal bring to you the benefits of plant-based skincare products: -
- Zero tampering or adulteration: Most synthetic elements found in regular skincare products are basic offshoots of their natural counterparts. Hence, why use chemicals with side-effects when natural plant-based products act as anti-oxidants that can repair damaged cells by tackling radicals and helping with skin concerns.
- No animals harmed: The social aspect of plant-based products is that it doesn’t involve animal testing which are often painful for them and hence termed as “cruelty-free”. Also, there are no animal-derived ingredients used in the products that are extracted by causing harm to them. So, say goodbye to fish-derived collagen and hello to plant-based, natural avocado.
- Natural remedies for all skin-types: Plants consist of fatty acids, anti-oxidants and vitamins which help in reducing acne, combating skin dryness, controlling excess oiliness along with fading away scars and improving the skin’s texture and elasticity.
- Inflammation becomes rare: Phospholipids, present in plant oils, display anti-inflammatory properties that helps in maintaining homeostasis within the skin’s crust. This further prevents the formation of harmful microbes and bacteria and hence, helps in maintaining a balanced pH level.
- You go eco-friendly: By using plant-based skincare products, there is a huge contribution towards an environment-friendly lifestyle. Apart from having eco-friendly ingredients, all such products are packaged in recyclable materials and produce less waste.
While we at Leal, proudly confirm that all our products are plant-based & 100% vegan, here are some mentioned below which are among our finest & top picks:
Whipped Soap: A pH- balanced soap that is sulphate-free & loaded with natural anti-oxidants. It is a gentle cleanser for all types of skin and uses coconut-derived surfactant for lather.
Ethereal Face Oil Elixir: Bottled with cold-pressed oils and no harmful chemicals or toxins, it contains pure natural plant-extracted and vitamin-rich oils that keep your skin nourished, prevents any skin damage and fades dark spots & pigmentation.
Whipped Sugar Scrub: Loaded with raw sugar, our whipped sugar scrub exfoliates your skin gently and is non-greasy and non-sticky. It is sulphate-free and highly moisturizing as sugar acts as a natural humectant.
Whipped Lip Butter: Crafted with only plant-derived oils and butters, our lip butters hydrate your lips and locks in moisture for a long time.